Translation of yarn in Spanish:
- 1 u and c (thread) hilo (masculine)Example sentences
- There was a guy in there showing a girl how to spin yarn using a spindle.
- Typically, American stocking factories spun their own wool into yarn or thread.
- Older women continue to weave long, colorful sashes with red wool yarn on a white cotton background.
- 2 countable/numerable (tale) [colloquial/familiar] historia (feminine) to spin a yarn inventar una historia he spun me a yarn about having missed the train me salió con la excusa de que había perdido el trenExample sentences
- The open fire is a focal point around which many yarns are spun and stories told.
- The detective yarn is one of the most formally defined modes of storytelling.
- It's a treat and guaranteed to having you curling up in laughter at some of the yarns and stories from times past.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the