Translation of yarn in Spanish:
- 1 u and c (thread) hilo (masculine)Example sentences
- There was a guy in there showing a girl how to spin yarn using a spindle.
- Typically, American stocking factories spun their own wool into yarn or thread.
- Older women continue to weave long, colorful sashes with red wool yarn on a white cotton background.
- 2 countable/numerable (tale) [colloquial/familiar] historia (feminine) to spin a yarn inventar una historia he spun me a yarn about having missed the train me salió con la excusa de que había perdido el trenExample sentences
- The open fire is a focal point around which many yarns are spun and stories told.
- The detective yarn is one of the most formally defined modes of storytelling.
- It's a treat and guaranteed to having you curling up in laughter at some of the yarns and stories from times past.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Zarzuela is a musical drama consisting of alternating passages of dialogue, songs, choruses, and dancing, that originated in Spain in the seventeenth century. Its name comes from the Zarzuela palace, Madrid. It is also popular in Latin America.