Translation of yarn in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable (thread)Example sentences
- There was a guy in there showing a girl how to spin yarn using a spindle.
- Typically, American stocking factories spun their own wool into yarn or thread.
- Older women continue to weave long, colorful sashes with red wool yarn on a white cotton background.
- 2 countable (tale) [colloquial] to spin a yarnhe spun me a yarn about having missed the traininventar una historiame salió con la excusa de que había perdido el trenExample sentences
- The open fire is a focal point around which many yarns are spun and stories told.
- The detective yarn is one of the most formally defined modes of storytelling.
- It's a treat and guaranteed to having you curling up in laughter at some of the yarns and stories from times past.
- [colloquial]inventar historiasExample sentences
- The interview has come to a close yet Clarke seems quite content to yarn.
- And that's precisely the reason old people love to yarn and natter with youngsters.
- Eventually all settled down to a well-cooked meal, then yarning and laughter.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.