- 2 c (tale) [colloquial/familiar] historia (f) to spin a yarn inventar una historia he spun me a yarn about having missed the train me salió con la excusa de que había perdido el trenMore example sentences
- The open fire is a focal point around which many yarns are spun and stories told.
- The detective yarn is one of the most formally defined modes of storytelling.
- It's a treat and guaranteed to having you curling up in laughter at some of the yarns and stories from times past.
- [colloquial/familiar] inventar historiasMore example sentences
- The interview has come to a close yet Clarke seems quite content to yarn.
- And that's precisely the reason old people love to yarn and natter with youngsters.
- Eventually all settled down to a well-cooked meal, then yarning and laughter.