Translation of yarn in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable or countable (thread)Example sentences
- There was a guy in there showing a girl how to spin yarn using a spindle.
- Typically, American stocking factories spun their own wool into yarn or thread.
- Older women continue to weave long, colorful sashes with red wool yarn on a white cotton background.
- 2 countable (tale) [colloquial] to spin a yarninventar una historiahe spun me a yarn about having missed the trainme salió con la excusa de que había perdido el trenExample sentences
- The open fire is a focal point around which many yarns are spun and stories told.
- The detective yarn is one of the most formally defined modes of storytelling.
- It's a treat and guaranteed to having you curling up in laughter at some of the yarns and stories from times past.
- [colloquial]inventar historiasExample sentences
- The interview has come to a close yet Clarke seems quite content to yarn.
- And that's precisely the reason old people love to yarn and natter with youngsters.
- Eventually all settled down to a well-cooked meal, then yarning and laughter.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.