noununcountable or countable
forsomething/to + infinitiveanhelo (masculine)she had a yearning to travel dealgo/+ infinitive
ansia (feminine (with masculine article in the singular))
dealgo/+ infinitivetenía ansias de viajar
anhelaba viajarExample sentences
- My yearnings for the taste of meat are becoming almost animalistic in their fervour.
- Maimonides compares this to the intense yearnings that a man feels for a woman.
- The feminine side in all of us sometimes represents fulfilment of spiritual yearnings.
- [literary] (before noun)(look/tone)a yearning desire
un vehemente deseoExample sentences
- What is the suppressed focus, the yearning urge in our species to be so neccessarily linked?
- Is there no unhappy David to whom I can sing the yearning psalms of love?
- The accompanying soundtrack has the yearning vocal of one José González.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.