nuncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable
forsth/to + infinitive/infinitivoanhelo (m) or ansia (f‡) dealgo/+ infinitive/infinitivoshe had a yearning to travel tenía ansias de viajar, anhelaba viajarMore example sentences
- My yearnings for the taste of meat are becoming almost animalistic in their fervour.
- Maimonides compares this to the intense yearnings that a man feels for a woman.
- The feminine side in all of us sometimes represents fulfilment of spiritual yearnings.
- [literary/literario] (before noun/delante del nombre) [look/tone] anhelante a yearning desire un anhelo, un vehemente deseoMore example sentences
- What is the suppressed focus, the yearning urge in our species to be so neccessarily linked?
- Is there no unhappy David to whom I can sing the yearning psalms of love?
- The accompanying soundtrack has the yearning vocal of one José González.