- 1 (longing) [colloquial/familiar] (no plural/sin plural) to have a yen to +
infinitive/infinitivomorirse* de ganas de+ infinitive/infinitivo[colloquial/familiar], tener* unas ganas locas de+ infinitive/infinitivo[colloquial/familiar]to have a yen forsth she has a yen for travel se muere de ganas or tiene unas ganas locas de viajar [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
- While growing up I watched my three brothers play baseball and always had a yen to join them.
- If you have a yen for the ole west, you'll find what you are looking for in Morris starting next week.
- Diesel, quite improbably, had always had a yen to act with the grande dame.
- 2(plural yen)[Finance/Finanzas] yen (masculine)
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bullfighting is popular in Spain and in Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Venezuela. For some Spaniards it is crucial to Spanish identity. The season runs from March to October in Spain, from November to March in Latin America.