noun plural yen
- (Finance)Example sentences
- Whether it be for the lure of dollars or yen, or the start of a coaching career back in France remains to be seen.
- The prices helpfully flash up on the board in pounds, dollars, Swiss francs, pesetas and yen.
- The history is that after the Plaza Accord of 1985, the dollar declined against the yen.
- (longing) [colloquial] (no plural) to have a yen to +
infinitivemorirse de ganas de+ infinitive[colloquial]tener unas ganas locasto have a yen de+ infinitive[colloquial] forsomethingshe has a yen for travelse muere de ganas or tiene unas ganas locas de viajar [colloquial]Example sentences
- While growing up I watched my three brothers play baseball and always had a yen to join them.
- If you have a yen for the ole west, you'll find what you are looking for in Morris starting next week.
- Diesel, quite improbably, had always had a yen to act with the grande dame.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.