- also: plural yen(Finance)Example sentences
- Whether it be for the lure of dollars or yen, or the start of a coaching career back in France remains to be seen.
- The prices helpfully flash up on the board in pounds, dollars, Swiss francs, pesetas and yen.
- The history is that after the Plaza Accord of 1985, the dollar declined against the yen.
- (longing) [colloquial] (no plural) to have a yen to +
infinitiveto have a yenmorirse de ganas de+ infinitive[colloquial]tener unas ganas locas de+ infinitive[colloquial] forsomethingshe has a yen for travelse muere de ganas or tiene unas ganas locas de viajar [colloquial]Example sentences
- While growing up I watched my three brothers play baseball and always had a yen to join them.
- If you have a yen for the ole west, you'll find what you are looking for in Morris starting next week.
- Diesel, quite improbably, had always had a yen to act with the grande dame.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the