Translation of yes in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (affirmative reply) please say yesare you ready? — yes, I ampor favor di que síyou didn't tell me — yes, I did!¿estás listo? — sísurely that's not you in the photo — oh yes, it is!no me lo dijiste — ¡sí que te lo dije!I won't apologize — oh yes, you will!esa que está en la foto no puedes ser tú — ¡claro or por supuesto que soy yo!1.2 (obeying order, request) yes, sir/ma'am be there by nine o'clock — yes, OKno pienso pedir disculpas — vas a tener que hacerlo1.3 (answering call, inquiry) Fred — yes?estáte allí antes de las nueve — bueno or (in Spain also) valeexcuse me — yes? what is it?Fred — ¿sí? or ¿qué?yes? (on telephone)perdón — ¿sí? ¿qué pasa?1.4 (expressing interest, attentiveness) I went to see that new play last night — oh, yes?¿sí?fui a ver esa nueva obra anoche — ¿(ah) sí?
noun plural yeses
- 1.1 (affirmative reply) 1.2 (vote)voto (masculine) a favorExample sentences
- Rilla counted them up as each name was called, and found a large majority of yesses.
- I smiled thoughtfully to myself as I ticked off the amount of yeses on my fingers.
- So, if you're reading this could you please post a yes or a no as to whether you are on the Organ Donor register.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than