Translation of yield in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (surrender) [position/territory] ceder to yield one's right of way (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Transport/Transporte] ceder el paso to yield sth
tosb cederle algo aalgn to yield the floor to sb cederle la palabra a algnExample sentences
- It is reported that the company yielded to the toughest demand to avoid government intervention.
- She yielded to their demands.
- At the age of 76, Jenkins finally yielded to public demand and performed at Carnegie Hall on October 25, 1944.
- 2 [crop/fruit/mineral/oil] producir*; [results] dar*, arrojar these bonds yield 9.2% estos bonos rinden or dan un (interés del) 9,2% these measures will yield a net saving estas medidas traerán aparejado un ahorro en términos reales the inquiry yielded no new evidence la investigación no aportó nuevas pruebas
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 1.1 (give way) cederto yield
tosb/sth to yield to temptation dejarse vencer por la tentación, ceder a la tentación she yielded to their threats cedió a or ante sus amenazas he yielded to (an) impulse and bought the lot cedió or sucumbió a un impulso y lo compró todo 1.2 (give priority) to yield tosth/sb dar* prioridad aalgo/algn yield (American English/inglés norteamericano) ceda el paso 1.3 (in debate) to yield tosb cederle la palabra aalgnExample sentences
- Motorists will be able to proceed through the intersection after yielding to circulating traffic on the left.
- He said under the new traffic system, motorists drive around the green as they would around a roundabout, yielding to traffic coming from the right and travelling in a clockwise direction.
- The safety authority wanted all vehicles approaching a T-junction from a minor road to yield to right-turning traffic from a through road.
- 2 [beam/ground/ice] ceder it yielded to the touch cedió a la presiónExample sentences
- Of all sugary plant produce, none yields a commodity as highly valued or widely grown as grape wine.
- Cross-referencing among chapters is excellent, yielding a product that appears more integrated than such symposium-product volumes often are.
- In 17 of 19 cases PCR yielded nonspecific products or failed.
- The structure yields.
- The upper right-hand corner yielded to a slight pressure.
noun/nombreu and c
- rendimiento (masculine) the yield per hectare has risen by 5% per annum la producción or el rendimiento anual por hectárea ha aumentado en un 5% to give a good/poor yield dar* un buen/mal rendimiento, producir* or rendir* mucho/poco fixed/variable yield bonds valores (masculine plural) de renta fija/variable
yield upverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [literary/literario] [secret] revelar I yielded myself up to the pleasures of the moment me abandoné or me entregué a los placeres del momento
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.