Translation of yield in Spanish:
- 1 (surrender)(position/territory)to yield one's right of way (American English) (Transport)to yield somethingceder el paso
tosomebodyto yield the floor to somebodycederle algo aalguiencederle la palabra a alguienExample sentences
- It is reported that the company yielded to the toughest demand to avoid government intervention.
- She yielded to their demands.
- At the age of 76, Jenkins finally yielded to public demand and performed at Carnegie Hall on October 25, 1944.
- 1 1.1 (give way) to yield
tosomebody/somethingto yield to temptationshe yielded to their threatsdejarse vencer por la tentaciónceder a la tentaciónhe yielded to (an) impulse and bought the lotcedió a or ante sus amenazas1.2 (give priority) See examples:to yieldcedió or sucumbió a un impulso y lo compró todo tosomething/somebodyyield (American English) 1.3 (in debate) See examples:to yielddar prioridad aalgo/alguien tosomebodycederle la palabra aalguienExample sentences
- Motorists will be able to proceed through the intersection after yielding to circulating traffic on the left.
- He said under the new traffic system, motorists drive around the green as they would around a roundabout, yielding to traffic coming from the right and travelling in a clockwise direction.
- The safety authority wanted all vehicles approaching a T-junction from a minor road to yield to right-turning traffic from a through road.
- 2(beam/ground/ice)it yielded to the touchcedió a la presiónExample sentences
- Of all sugary plant produce, none yields a commodity as highly valued or widely grown as grape wine.
- Cross-referencing among chapters is excellent, yielding a product that appears more integrated than such symposium-product volumes often are.
- In 17 of 19 cases PCR yielded nonspecific products or failed.
- The structure yields.
- The upper right-hand corner yielded to a slight pressure.
noununcountable and countable
- the yield per hectare has risen by 5% per annumto give a good/poor yieldla producción or el rendimiento anual por hectárea ha aumentado en un 5%fixed/variable yield bondsdar un buen/mal rendimientoproducir or rendir mucho/pocovalores (masculine plural) de renta fija/variableExample sentences
- It severely reduces agricultural yields and productivity.
- The majority of the continent's population is employed in agriculture characterized by low yields and low labor productivity.
- Genetically engineered super plants are expected to boost agricultural yields significantly.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to