Translation of you in Spanish:
- 1 (sing) 1.1 (as subject)(formal) ustednow you tryahora prueba tú/pruebe ustedahora probá vos (Central America) (River Plate area)I don't think that hat's youese sombrero no te favoreceif I were youyo que tú/que ustedpoor you!
yo en tu/en su lugar
yo de ti/de usted (Spain)
yo que vos (Central America) (River Plate area)¡pobrecito!you liar!¡mentiroso!you and yourstú y los tuyosExample sentences1.2 (as direct object)
(familiar) te(formal, feminine) laI saw you, Petete vi, PeteI saw you, Mr Russelllo vi, señor Russellle vi, señor Russell (Spain)1.3 (as indirect object)(familiar) te(formal) le(with direct object pronoun present) seI told youte dije/le dijeI gave it to youte lo di/se lo di1.4 (after preposition)(formal) ustedfor youpara ti/ustedpara vos (Central America) (River Plate area)with youcontigo/con ustedshe's taller than youes más alta que tú
- If I could have one wish, it would be for you to never stop loving me.
- We will always love you, and revere your amazing grace in that wonderful season.
- If you have a story or information you would like to be included we would love to hear from you.
- 2 (pl) 2.1 (as subject, and after preposition)(familiar) ustedes (Latin America)
vosotros, (-tras) (Spain)(formal) ustedesbe quiet, you twoustedes dos: ¡cállense!vosotros dos: ¡callaos! (Spain)come on, you guys! hey! you lot over there! (British English)¡eh, ustedes or (Spain) vosotros allí!you liars!¡mentirosos!with youcon ustedes or ( (Spain) tb) con vosotros/vosotrasthey're taller than youson más altos que ustedesson más altos que vosotros (Spain)2.2 (as direct object)(familiar) los, (las) (Latin America)
os (Spain)(formal, feminine) lasI heard you, gentlemenlos or ( (Spain) tb) les oí, caballerosI heard you, boys/girlslos/las oí, chicos/chicas (Latin America)os oí, chicos/chicas (Spain)2.3 (as indirect object)(formal) les(with direct object pronoun present) seI gave you the bookles or ( (Spain) tb) os di el libroI gave it to youse or ( (Spain) tb) os lo di
- 3 (one) 3.1 (as subject)uno, (una)when she starts crying, you don't know what to docuando se pone a llorar, no sabes qué hacer or uno no sabe qué haceryou can't do that hereaquí uno no puede or no se puede or no puedes hacer eso3.2 (as direct object) people stop you in the street and ask for moneyla gente te para en la calle y te pide dinero3.3 (as indirect object) they never tell you the truth
la gente lo para a uno en la calle y le pide dineronunca te dicen la verdad
nunca le dicen la verdad a uno
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.