Translation of young in Spanish:
- 1(animal/person)I have a younger brother
joventengo un hermano menorshe is four years younger than metiene cuatro años menos que yothis is Patricia, our youngest
es cuatro años menor que yoesta es Patricia, la (más) pequeña or la menora very good-looking young manun joven muy bien parecidoher young mansu novioa young ladyuna señoritahis young lady
una (chica) jovensu noviaand what can I do for you, young man/lady?¿qué se le ofrece, joven/señorita?now listen to me, young man/ladyescúcheme jovencito/jovencitayoung peoplela gente jovento have a young family
la juventudtener hijos pequeños or ( (Latin America) tb) chicosshe became a minister at the young age of 35llegó a ministra a la temprana edad de 35 añosdo you mean young Mr Smith or old Mr Smith?¿se refiere a Mr Smith padre o hijo?Pliny/Brueghel the YoungerPlinio/Brueghel el Joventhe younger generationla nueva generaciónto die/marry young
la gente jovenmorir/casarse jovenin my young dayscuando era jovento be young at heart
cuando era mozo/moza (dated o humorous)ser joven de espírituyou're only young once (set phrase)solo se es joven una vez (en la vida)the night is young (set phrase)Example sentences
- Gary Neat, who also lives in the quiet cul-de-sac, said the couple lived there with a young girl.
- Prince Unleashed tells the story of Holly, a young girl forced to live with relatives after a tragic family accident.
- A long time ago a beautiful young girl called Hinemoa lived at Owhata on the eastern shores of the lake.
- 2(appearance/manner/complexion)he's a young 40
juveniltiene 40 años muy bien llevadosshe's very young for her age o yearsparece más joven de lo que esyou're as young as you feel (set phrase)la juventud se lleva dentroExample sentences
- There was no doubt that the young audience loved what they had just heard.
- This was hardly the time to bring out an issue on love, when the young are busy preparing for exams.
- I love being round young writers, I like to think of writers as a community, as a race.
- Sr. Catherine paid tribute to all her Senior Citizens for being so young at heart.
- For the young and young at heart, there's also a number of niteclubs to keep those dancing feet tapping.
- The Bangalore crowd is all young at heart, and the people here are always out having fun, she thinks.
- 2 (animals)crías (feminine plural)with youngpreñadaExample sentences
- Within three days of birth a brood of young may have been led a distance of almost a mile.
- Whooping crane young are fed dragonfly larvae, insects and tadpoles.
- In the spring the hungry animals tear out birds nests and eat eggs and young.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.