Translation of young in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (younger /ˈjʌŋgər; ˈjʌŋgə(r)/, youngest /ˈjʌŋgəst/)
- 1.1 [animal/person] joven I have a younger brother tengo un hermano menor she is four years younger than me tiene cuatro años menos que yo, es cuatro años menor que yo this is Patricia, our youngest esta es Patricia, la (más) pequeña or la menor a very good-looking young man un joven muy bien parecido her young man su novio a young lady una señorita, una (chica) joven his young lady su novia and what can I do for you, young man/lady? ¿qué se le ofrece, joven/señorita? now listen to me, young man/lady escúcheme jovencito/jovencita young people la gente joven, los jóvenes, la juventud to have a young family tener* hijos pequeños or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) chicos she became a minister at the young age of 35 llegó a ministra a la temprana edad de 35 años do you mean young Mr Smith or old Mr Smith? ¿se refiere a Mr Smith padre o hijo? Pliny/Brueghel the Younger Plinio/Brueghel el Joven the younger generation la nueva generación, la gente joven to die/marry young morir*/casarse joven in my young days cuando era joven, cuando era mozo/moza [anticuado o hum] to be young at heart ser* joven de espíritu you're only young once (set phrase) solo se es joven una vez (en la vida) the night is young (set phrase) la noche es jovenExample sentences1.2 [appearance/manner/complexion] juvenil he's a young 40 tiene 40 años muy bien llevados she's very young for her age o years parece más joven de lo que es you're as young as you feel (set phrase) la juventud se lleva dentro
- Gary Neat, who also lives in the quiet cul-de-sac, said the couple lived there with a young girl.
- Prince Unleashed tells the story of Holly, a young girl forced to live with relatives after a tragic family accident.
- A long time ago a beautiful young girl called Hinemoa lived at Owhata on the eastern shores of the lake.
Example sentences1.3 [rhubarb/spinach] tierno; [wine] joven [rock/mountain] [Geology/Geología] nuevo; [country/movement] joven jazz music was still very young then por aquel entonces el jazz daba todavía sus primeros pasos
- There was no doubt that the young audience loved what they had just heard.
- This was hardly the time to bring out an issue on love, when the young are busy preparing for exams.
- I love being round young writers, I like to think of writers as a community, as a race.
- Sr. Catherine paid tribute to all her Senior Citizens for being so young at heart.
- For the young and young at heart, there's also a number of niteclubs to keep those dancing feet tapping.
- The Bangalore crowd is all young at heart, and the people here are always out having fun, she thinks.
plural noun/nombre plural
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.