Translation of young in Spanish:
- 1.1(animal/person)I have a younger brothershe is four years younger than metengo un hermano menorthis is Patricia, our youngesttiene cuatro años menos que yoes cuatro años menor que yoa very good-looking young manesta es Patricia, la (más) pequeña or la menorher young manun joven muy bien parecidoa young ladysu noviohis young ladyuna señoritauna (chica) jovenand what can I do for you, young man/lady?su novianow listen to me, young man/lady¿qué se le ofrece, joven/señorita?young peopleescúcheme jovencito/jovencitato have a young familyla gente jovenlos jóvenesla juventudshe became a minister at the young age of 35tener hijos pequeños or (in Latin America also) chicosdo you mean young Mr Smith or old Mr Smith?llegó a ministra a la temprana edad de 35 añosPliny/Brueghel the Younger¿se refiere a Mr Smith padre o hijo?the younger generationPlinio/Brueghel el Jovento die/marry youngla nueva generaciónla gente jovenin my young daysmorir/casarse jovento be young at heartcuando era jovencuando era mozo/moza[anticuado o hum]you're only young once (set phrase)ser joven de espírituthe night is young (set phrase)solo se es joven una vez (en la vida)Example sentences1.2
(appearance/manner/complexion)he's a young 40she's very young for her age o yearstiene 40 años muy bien llevadosyou're as young as you feel (set phrase)parece más joven de lo que esla juventud se lleva dentroExample sentences
- Gary Neat, who also lives in the quiet cul-de-sac, said the couple lived there with a young girl.
- Prince Unleashed tells the story of Holly, a young girl forced to live with relatives after a tragic family accident.
- A long time ago a beautiful young girl called Hinemoa lived at Owhata on the eastern shores of the lake.
- There was no doubt that the young audience loved what they had just heard.
- This was hardly the time to bring out an issue on love, when the young are busy preparing for exams.
- I love being round young writers, I like to think of writers as a community, as a race.
(rhubarb/spinach)(wine)(rock/mountain)(Geology)(country/movement)jazz music was still very young thenpor aquel entonces el jazz daba todavía sus primeros pasos
- Sr. Catherine paid tribute to all her Senior Citizens for being so young at heart.
- For the young and young at heart, there's also a number of niteclubs to keep those dancing feet tapping.
- The Bangalore crowd is all young at heart, and the people here are always out having fun, she thinks.
- 1.1 (humans) See examples: the young1.2 (animals)los jóvenesla juventudwith youngcrías (feminine plural)preñadaExample sentences
- Within three days of birth a brood of young may have been led a distance of almost a mile.
- Whooping crane young are fed dragonfly larvae, insects and tadpoles.
- In the spring the hungry animals tear out birds nests and eat eggs and young.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.