Translation of your in Spanish:
The translations tu and su agree in number with the noun which they modify; they appear as tu, tus, su, sus, depending on what follows: your father/mother tu padre/madre or su padre/madre; your books/magazines tus libros/revistas or sus libros/revistas.The translation vuestro agrees in number and gender with the noun which it modifies; it appears as vuestro, vuestra, vuestros, vuestras, according to what follows: your father/mother vuestro padre/madre; your books/magazines vuestros libros/vuestras revistas.For your used with parts of the body,
- 1 (belonging to one person)(singular, familiar)
su(plural, formal)your son/daughter
sustu hijo/hijayour sons/daughters
su hijo/hijatus hijos/hijasI mean your son
sus hijos/hijasme refiero a tu hijo/su hijo de ustedwash your handslávate/lávese las manosExample sentences
- We can buy the list that has your name and address on it to mail things out to you.
- All you have to do is find a user name, decide on a password and give them your email address.
- So just leave your email address in your review if you want me to email you when I post.
- 2 (belonging to more than one person)(singular, familiar)
su (Latin America)
vuestro, (-tra) (Spain)(plural, familiar)
sus (Latin America)
vuestros, (-tras) (Spain)(singular, formal)
su(plural, formal)pick up your things, children
susrecojan sus cosas, niños (Latin America)I mean your company, gentlemen
recoged vuestras cosas, niños (Spain)me refiero a su compañía de ustedes, caballerosput your shoes onpónganse or (Spain) pone(r)os los zapatos
- 3 (one's) if your name begins with A …si tu/su nombre empieza con A …you have to take your shoes off in a mosquehay que quitarse los zapatos en una mezquitaExample sentences
- In any event, if you can find it in your hearts to help us out, we will be eternally grateful.
- Some people say if a burglar wants to break into your house, he will get in no matter what you do.
- To wear your heart on your sleeve now means it is easy for other people to know how you are feeling.
- 4 (typical) [colloquial] (singular)el, (la)(plural)take your average politician, for example
los, (las)mira al típico político, por ejemploExample sentences
- To your average punter, dance is to the dramatic arts what free jazz is to the musical.
- Can you imagine what your average bar or pub would be like if men had a time of the month?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.