Translation of zero in Spanish:
noun plural zeros or zeroes
- 1.1 (number) the temperature fell below zeroit's 3 degrees below zero visibility is down to zerola temperatura bajó de los cero gradosyour chances of winning are zerola visibilidad es nula1.2 (person) (American English) [colloquial]as a leader he's a total zerono tienes ninguna posibilidad de ganartus posibilidades de ganar son nulascomo dirigente or líder es un inútil
transitive verb zeroes, zeroing, zeroed
- 1.1(weapon/rifle)1.2 (set at zero)ajustar la mira de(instrument/meter)poner en or a ceroExample sentences
- Once it was zeroed the point of impact remained constant.
- Pressure transducers were zeroed when each patient was admitted to the study per the manufacturer's instructions.
- The third and fourth settings on the digital timer should still have been zeroed, just as when the feeder was set originally.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.