Translation of zipper in Spanish:
- (American English/inglés norteamericano) cremallera (feminine), cierre (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) , zíper (masculine) (Central America/América Central) (Mexico/México) (Venezuela) , cierre (masculine) relámpago (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) or (Chile) eclair to do up/undo the zipper cerrar*/abrir* la cremallera ( or el cierre etc)Example sentences
- When you get it home, you can cut it into five even pieces and put each piece into a zipper seal bag and freeze it until you are ready to thaw it for use.
- For the guys there's fluffy suits in electric blue and bold red, psychedelic printed tops, wax trousers with leg-length zippers and fisherman hats.
- These are basically regular knits and can be found in a zip-up style, a zipper collar or a hood.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- (American English/inglés norteamericano) zip 2 1
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.