Translation of zone in Spanish:
- 1.1 (area) torrid/temperate zonezona tórrida/templadanuclear-free zoneExample sentences1.2
- Though it was in the mandatory evacuation zone, fire officials decided removing the animals would be "a logistical nightmare," said the vice president of operations.
- A buffer zone is recommended in which no irrigating is done.
- The chain wants to convert the ground floor to what they describe as a traditional ale house and wine bar, with no-smoking zones and a family area.
transitive verb(American English)
- 1.1 (divide up)(area/town)
dividir en zonas or sectores
zonificarExample sentences1.2 (designate) it is zoned as a green area
ha sido declarada zona verdeExample sentences
- Cllr Flynn says while Westport Town Councillors won't be zoning this particular piece of land they will be making their opinions felt.
- The list included concerns voiced by the town planners and architects on land use zoning and floor area ratio.
- Check local regulations and zoning restrictions because some areas may have legally established separation distances.
- The canal area is zoned for new homes and restaurants, and some redundant cotton mills are being converted into flats.
- The Railway Square site is zoned for general business under the 2002 Waterford City Development Plan.
- But much of the land is former industrial space that couldn't be recycled for new uses without government approval because it is still zoned for manufacturing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.