- 1.1 (area) zona (f) torrid/temperate zone zona tórrida/templada exclusion zone zona de exclusión nuclear-free zone zona desnuclearizada time zone huso (m) horarioMore example sentences1.2 (AmE) distrito (m)
- The chain wants to convert the ground floor to what they describe as a traditional ale house and wine bar, with no-smoking zones and a family area.
- The area in question has now been declared a disaster zone, and provincial funding has been requested to help the afflicted fishermen.
- It wants to split the area into parking zones at each end and introduce a road traffic order in the middle to safeguard the loading bay with a larger sign.
- 1.1 (divide up) [area/town] dividir en zonas or sectores, zonificar*More example sentences1.2 (designate) declarar it is zoned as a green area ha sido declarada zona verde
More example sentences
- Cllr Flynn says while Westport Town Councillors won't be zoning this particular piece of land they will be making their opinions felt.
- The list included concerns voiced by the town planners and architects on land use zoning and floor area ratio.
- Check local regulations and zoning restrictions because some areas may have legally established separation distances.
- The canal area is zoned for new homes and restaurants, and some redundant cotton mills are being converted into flats.
- The Railway Square site is zoned for general business under the 2002 Waterford City Development Plan.
- But much of the land is former industrial space that couldn't be recycled for new uses without government approval because it is still zoned for manufacturing.