Translation of zone in Spanish:
- 1.1 (area) torrid/temperate zonenuclear-free zonezona tórrida/templadaExample sentences1.2
- Though it was in the mandatory evacuation zone, fire officials decided removing the animals would be "a logistical nightmare," said the vice president of operations.
- A buffer zone is recommended in which no irrigating is done.
- The chain wants to convert the ground floor to what they describe as a traditional ale house and wine bar, with no-smoking zones and a family area.
transitive verb(American English)
- 1.1 (divide up)(area/town)1.2 (designate) it is zoned as a green areadividir en zonas or sectoresha sido declarada zona verdeExample sentences
- The canal area is zoned for new homes and restaurants, and some redundant cotton mills are being converted into flats.
- The Railway Square site is zoned for general business under the 2002 Waterford City Development Plan.
- But much of the land is former industrial space that couldn't be recycled for new uses without government approval because it is still zoned for manufacturing.
- Cllr Flynn says while Westport Town Councillors won't be zoning this particular piece of land they will be making their opinions felt.
- The list included concerns voiced by the town planners and architects on land use zoning and floor area ratio.
- Check local regulations and zoning restrictions because some areas may have legally established separation distances.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.