- 1 1.1 (sound) (no pl) zumbido (m) 1.2 (upward flight) subida (f) abrupta
- 2zoom (lens) [Cin] [Phot] [TV] teleobjetivo (m), zoom (m)More example sentences
- For more serious work, a macro lens or a zoom with a macro feature offers superior quality.
- However there are a couple of reasons that pros would use a prime lens over a zoom.
- If you have a zoom or a telephoto lens then now is the time!
peronismo is a political movement, known officially as justicialismo, named for the populist politician Colonel Juan Domingo Perón, elected President of Argentina in 1946. An admirer of Italian fascism, Perón claimed always to be a champion of the workers and the poor, the descamisados (shirtless ones), to whom his first wife Eva Duarte (`Evita') became a kind of icon, especially after her death in 1952. Although he instituted some social reforms, Perón's regime proved increasingly repressive and he was ousted by the army in 1955. He returned from exile to become president in 1973, but died in office a year later. The Partido Justicialista has governed Argentina almost continuously since 1989, under Presidents Carlos Menem, Néstor Kirchner, and Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, Néstor Kirchner's widow, who was re-elected President in 2011.
- 1.1 (move fast) [colloquial/familiar] (+ adv compl) to zoom along/past/off ir*/pasar/salir* zumbando or como un bólido [familiar/colloquial] she zoomed through her work hizo el trabajo volando [familiar/colloquial] 1.2 (climb) [aeroplane] elevarse (abruptamente); [inflation] dispararseMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Music carries from the various bars along the street and every once in a while a car zooms past, screeching as it swerves around the corner.
- This area now seems to be one where the technology, and the uses of the technology, have zoomed way ahead of where the law is.
- Wide, open streets encourage motorists to zoom ahead.
- Fancier dehydrators, with heat regulators and fans to circulate the air, work faster, but the price can zoom to several hundred dollars for serious preserving tools.
- British Airways, which recently re-joined the FTSE 100, zoomed 152% higher.
- The stock began trading at $16 and within two days zoomed as high as $85.75.