Translation of aspirer in English:
- 2 (avec une paille, un tuyau)to suck up (boisson, essence)(avec un aspirateur) to suck up (poussière)to vacuum (tapis, pièce)(avec une pompe) (pour extraire) to pump [something] up (liquide)(pour vider) to pump [something] out (liquide)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries French
- French-English and English-French dictionary
- more than 910,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers French* and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to French words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts**
**Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com