Translation of isoler in English:
- 1 (priver de contacts)to isolate (malade, politicien, dissident) (de from)to put [somebody] in solitary confinement (prisonnier)ses opinions extrémistes l'ont isolé de ses collègueshis radical views isolated him from ou set him apart from his colleagues
- 2 (séparer d'un ensemble)to isolate (gène, substance, élément)isoler un problèmeto isolate a problemisoler une citation de son contexteto take a quote out of context
- 3 (Construction) (contre le bruit)to soundproof (pièce)(contre la chaleur, le froid) to insulate (contre against)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries French
- French-English and English-French dictionary
- more than 910,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers French* and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to French words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts**
**Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com