Translation of monter in English:
vt(+ v avoir)
- 1 to take [sb/sth] up; to take [sb/sth] upstairs; to bring [sb/sth] up; to bring [sb/sth] upstairs impossible de monter le piano par l'escalier it's impossible to get the piano up the stairs
vi (+ v être)
- 1 to go up; to go upstairs; to come up; to come upstairs; [plane] to climb; [bird] to fly up; [sun, mist] to rise tu es monté à pied? did you walk up? did you come up on foot? monter sur to get onto [footpath] to climb onto [stool] monter à l'échelle to climb (up) the ladder faites-les monter send them up
- 2monter dans une voiture/dans un train to get in a car/on a train monter sur to get on [bike, horse]
- 3 [road] to go uphill, to climb; [ground] to rise monter jusqu'à [path, wall] to go up to monter en lacets to wind its way up
- 7monter (à cheval) to ride
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan