Translation of solder in English:
- 1 (vendre au rabais)to sell off, to clear (marchandises)solder des articles à prix coûtantto sell items off at cost price
also: se solder verbe pronominal
- 1 (finir)se solder par quelque choseto end in somethingle procès s'est soldé par un non-lieuthe trial ended in the dismissal of the chargese solder par un échec (efforts, démarche)to end in failure
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries French
- French-English and English-French dictionary
- more than 910,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers French* and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to French words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts**
**Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com