Translation of tribune in English:
- 1 (de stade, gymnase, champ de courses) louer une place de tribune or aux tribunesto reserve a seat in a standla tribune présidentiellethe president's standla tribune officielle or d'honneurthe VIP standles tribunes du publicthe public stands
- 3 (estrade)(pour une seule personne) rostrummonter à la tribune [littéral] [figuré]to take the platformparler à la tribuneto speak from the platformtenir la tribuneto hold the floor
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries French
- French-English and English-French dictionary
- more than 910,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers French* and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to French words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts**
**Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com