Translation of Schleier in English:
Maskulinum Schleiers, Schleier
- 1(durchsichtiges Gewebe) veilden Schleier nehmen [figurativ] [gehoben] den Schleier [des Geheimnisses] lüften [figurativ] [gehoben]lift the veil of secrecyden Schleier der Vergessenheit od. des Vergessens über etwas (Akk.) breiten [figurativ] [gehoben]draw a veil over something
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries German
- German-English and English-German dictionary
- more than 840,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers German* and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to German words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts**
**Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com