Translation of assillare in English:
- (rimorsi, dubbi)to torment, to nag (persona)(idea, problema)assillare qualcuno (creditori, giornalisti)
to beset, to nag, to plague (persona)to beleaguer o harass somebodyessere assillato dalle preoccupazionito be beset with worriesessere assillato da qualcunoto get a lot of hassle from somebodysmettila di assillarmi!stop pestering me!assillare qualcuno perché faccia qualcosato hassle o plague somebody to do something, to nag somebody into doing somethingassillare qualcuno di domandeto plague o ply somebody with questionsassillare la mente di qualcunoto weigh o prey on somebody's mind
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com