Translation of balzare in English:
verbo intransitivo aus. essere
- 1 (saltare) balzare in piedito jump o leap o spring to one's feet, to jump o leap o spring upbalzare sul trenoto jump (on) a trainbalzare sul tavoloto jump up on the tablebalzare giù dato jump out of (letto, sedia, treno, finestra)balzare (in) avantito leap forwardbalzare indietroto leap o spring back, to recoilbalzare addosso a qualcunoto leap out at somebody, to pounce on somebody, to spring at somebodybalzare in sellato swing up into the saddlebalzare di ramo in ramoto leap through the trees, to swing from branch to branch
- 2 [figurato]balzare in primo piano (notizia)to come to the forebalzare in testa alla classificato shoot to the top of the charts
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com