Translation of camera in English:
- 1 (stanza) camera d'albergo, d'ospedale camera con bagnoroom with private bath o with en suite bathroomcamera singola o a un lettosingle roomcamera a due lettitwin(-bedded) roomaffittasi camera ammobiliatafurnished room to letaffittare una camera(dare in affitto)
to rent out o let a room(prendere in affitto)affittare -e
to rent a roomto rent out roomsprenotare una camerato book o reserve a roomdormire in, avere -e separate avete una camera libera?have you got a vacancy?servizio in camera veste da camera giacca da camera bicicletta da camera
Cultural Note: Camera dei Deputati
The legislative assembly that, along with the Senate, makes up the Italian Parliament. Recent reform has reduced the number of deputies from 630 to 518. They are elected by universal direct suffrage by citizens over 18 years of age.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com