- 1 [informal] (postribolo)brothel, whorehouse, cathouse (American English)
- 4 (scenata) fare o piantare casino per qualcosato kick up a fuss o a stink about something, to raise hell about something
- 5 (pasticcio, guaio)è un bel casino parcheggiare a Torinoit's a real pain in the ass parking in Turinessere in un bel casinoto be in a proper mess o jam, to be up the polemettere qualcuno nei -ito get somebody into a mess o jamscoppierà un bel casinothere will be hell to pay, there'll be a (hell of a) stinkche casino!what a cock-up! (British English) [informal]combinare un casinoto make a mess o bungle o cock-up (British English) [informal]
- 6 [informal] (mucchio, sacco)un casino diloads o tons of, a load o ton ofguadagna un casino (di soldi)he earns a hell of a lotmetterci un casino per fareto take years o an incredibly long time to domi piace un casino LucaI like Luca an awful lotsiamo un casino di personethere are a ton of us
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com