- hollow, cavity (anche Anatomy)nel cavo della manoin the hollow of one's handil cavo dell'ondathe trough of the wave
- 1 (grossa fune) (metallico, sintetico)(di teleferica, gru) carrying cableposare un cavo (Electricity)to lay a cablecavo d'acciaio, in fibra otticasteel cable, fibre-optic cablecavo sottomarino, sotterraneo, sospesosubmarine cable, underground cable, suspension cablecavo dell'acceleratore, del freno, della frizioneaccelerator cable, brake cable, clutch linkage
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com