Translation of cavolo in English:
- 1 (verdura) involtino di cavolostuffed cabbage rollzuppa di -icabbage soupcavolo ripienostuffed cabbage
also: cavoli nome maschile plurale[informale]
“vieni con noi?”- “col cavolo!”
- “will you come with us?”- “like hell I will!” o “no way!” o “fat chance!”
col cavolo che pago!
- (I'll be) damned if I'm going to pay!
testa di cavolo
- cabbage(head), pinhead
spegni 'sto cavolo di stereo
- switch off that bloody stereo
salvare capra e -i
- to have it both ways
c'entra come i -i a merenda!
- that's got nothing to do with it! that's completely beside the point!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com