Translation of cioè in English:
- 1 (vale a dire)that is (to say)
namely(abbr.) i.e.ci vediamo fra quattro giorni, cioè martedìwe'll meet in four days, that is on Tuesdaydue paesi, cioè Italia e Spagnatwo countries, namely Italy and Spain“so una cosa interessante su di lei” “cioè?”“I know an interesting thing about her” “what do you mean?”
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com