Translation of collocare in English:
- 1(porre) to place, to position, to put(disporre) to arrange, to lay, to placecollocò il vaso al centro della tavola erano collocati a intervalli di 100 metrithey were positioned at intervals of 100 metres
- 2 [figurative] (inquadrare)collocare un poeta tra i Romanticito consider a poet as one of the Romanticscollocare un fatto nel suo contestoto set o situate an event in its context
- 3 (impiegare)to place, to find a job for (persona)la scuola colloca i suoi allievithe school finds employment for its studentscollocare qualcuno a riposo o in pensione
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com