Translation of colonna in English:
- 2 [figurative] essere la colonna dito be the backbone o linchpin of (società, progetto, organizzazione)quinta colonna (Politics) [figurative]
- 3 (di fumo, fuoco) colonna di mercurio, d'acquacolumn of mercury, watercolonna d'aria (Meteorology)air stream
- 4 (fila)(di persone) line(di schiavi, animali) coffle(di veicoli) line, train, queue(di numeri) column(di carri armati) tankviaggiare in colonnato travel nose to tail o bumper to bumpermettere in colonnato put in a columnci fecero disporre in -ethey lined us up in columnsmarciare in colonnato march in a column
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com