Translation of consiglio in English:
- 1 (suggerimento)advice uncountable su (riguardo a on, about)guideline su (riguardo a on)suggestion (su about) (riguardo a as to)un consiglioa word o piece of adviceun buon consigliosound advice, a piece of good adviceun consiglio da amicoa piece of friendly advicei -gli del medico dare un consiglio a qualcunoto give somebody advicese posso darle un consiglio chiedere consiglio a qualcunoto ask (for) somebody's adviceascoltare, seguire i -gli di qualcunoto listen to o follow o take somebody's advicedietro, su consiglio di qualcunoon somebody's advice, at, on somebody's suggestion
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Cultural Note: Consiglio dei Ministri
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com