- 1 (felice)glad, pleased (di qualcosa about something) (di fare to do) (che that)happy (di qualcosa about, with something) (di fare to do) (che that)content, contented (di qualcosa with something) (di fare with doing)ti piace? sei contento?do you like it? are you pleased?non sembrare molto contentonot to look very happysono contento che tu sia quiI'm glad you are herehai tutte le ragioni di essere contento sono contento per te! un viso contentoa happy facefare contento qualcunoto make somebody happyessere tutto contentoto be all smiles, to be bucked (British English) [informal]
- 2 (soddisfatto)pleased, satisfied (di with)essere contento di séto be pleased with oneselfhai rotto tutto, sei contento adesso?you've broken everything, are you happy now?non contento di (fare)not content with (doing)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com