Translation of critica in English:
- 1 (giudizio negativo)criticism nei confronti (nei riguardi di towards)subissare qualcuno di -cheto heap criticism on somebodyle tue continue -cheyour constant criticismessere (l')oggetto di -cheto be the butt of criticismmuovere o fare una critica a qualcunoto criticize somebodyesporsi alle -cheto lay o leave oneself open to criticism o attackandare incontro a, ricevere -cheto come in for, to receive criticismsuscitare molte -cheto draw o receive much criticismdevo farti o rivolgerti una criticathere is one thing I would criticize you for
- 4 (insieme dei critici)la critica è unanime: è un capolavorothe critics all agree that it's a masterpieceessere acclamato dalla criticato be acclaimed by the criticsil film ebbe un successo di criticathe film had o was a critical successessere stroncato dalla criticato be badly reviewed, to be struck down by the critics
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com