Translation of difensiva in English:
- defensive (anche SportMilitary)essere o stare sulla difensivato be on the defensive (anche figurative)mettere qualcuno sulla difensivato put somebody on the defensivemettersi o porsi sulla difensiva [figurative]to square up, to keep one's head down, to take up a defensive positionstare sulla difensiva (Sport)to play a defensive game(in cricket) to stonewallessere sempre sulla difensivato suffer from o have a siege mentality
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com