Translation of escludere in English:
- 1 (non includere)to exclude, to bar, to shut out (da from)to leave out, to count out (da of)(non ammettere) to rule out, to eliminate (candidato)escludere qualcuno dal proprio testamentoto cut somebody out of one's willè stato escluso dalla squadra
- 2 (eliminare)to exclude, to leave out (nome)l'ho esclusa dalla listaI left her off the listuna cosa non esclude l'altraone thing does not rule out the other
- 3 (scartare)to discard, to dismiss, to rule out, to preclude (possibilità)to dismiss (idea, soluzione)to eliminate (sospetto)non escludiamo il ricorso alla forzawe are not ruling out resorting to forceescludo che sia luiI am certain it isn't him
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com