Translation of estinzione in English:
- 1 (scomparsa) (di specie, razza, animale) rischiare l'estinzione, essere in via di estinzione(specie, razza)appartenere a una specie in via d'estinzione
to be threatened with extinction, to be vanishing, to be endangeredto be one of a dying breed
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com