Translation of finestra in English:
- 1 guardare fuori dalla finestrato look out of o through the window, to gaze out of the windowsporgersi o affacciarsi dalla o alla finestrato hang o to lean out of the windowsporgere la testa dalla finestrato poke o lean one's head out of the window, to put o thrust one's head through the windowfare capolino dalla finestrato pop one's head through the windowsedersi, stare alla finestra socchiudere la finestrato open o close the window slightly o a littleallontanarsi dalla finestrato move away from the windowla finestra dà sulla strada, a sudthe window looks onto the street, faces southgettare qualcosa dalla finestrato throw something out of the windowuna finestra sul mondo [figurato] uscire dalla porta e rientrare dalla finestra [figurato]out through the door, in through the window
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com