Translation of finzione in English:
- 1 (invenzione) nella finzione letteraria fa ancora parte del campo della finzioneit still belongs to the realm of fiction
- 2 (simulazione)fiction, fictiousness, duplicity, make-believe, play-acting, pretence (British English)è solo finzione il suo amore era una finzione
pretense (American English)her love was a sham
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com