Translation of galla in English:
- 1stare a galla (persona, corpo, oggetto)to stay o remain afloat, to float[figurative] (persona)to stay in business, to stay afloatrestare o rimanere a galla (petrolio, scarti) riportare a gallato refloat (nave)[figurative]venire a galla [figurative] (emozioni, sentimenti)
to bail out (impresa, persona)to come o rise to the surf o surfacetornare a gallato float back up to the surfacela verità viene sempre a galla tutti i loro segreti cominciavano a venire a galla verrà tutto a galla
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com