Translation of ignorare in English:
- 1 (non conoscere)not to knowignoro i particolariI don't know the detailsignoro come, dove, seI don't know how, where, ifignorare qualcosa completamenteto know nothing of o about somethingignorare l'esistenza dito be unaware of the existence of
- 2 (non considerare)to ignore (regola, consiglio, problema)to ignore, to brush aside (persona, critiche)to ignore, to sweep aside (obiezione, proteste)ignora le regole del giocohe ignores o disregards the rules of the gameil ricercatore ha ignorato le recenti scopertethe researcher has ignored recent developmentsdevi solo ignorarlojust ignore himmi ha completamente ignorato per strada
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com