Translation of ingannare in English:
- 1 (indurre in errore) se la memoria non mi inganna non lasciarti ingannare dalle apparenze! non farti ingannare dalla sua dolcezzadon't be deceived by his mildness
- 3 (tradire)to betray, to be unfaithful to, to cheat on (American English) (moglie, marito)
- 5 (distrarre da)to relieve (noia)ingannare il tempoto beguile the o kill time, to while away the timeingannare l'attesato pass the time while waiting
also: ingannarsi verbo pronominale
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*