Translation of lodare in English:
- 1 (rendere grazie a)to praise (Signore, Dio) (per for)Dio sia lodato!praise the Lord! Praise be to God!sia lodato il Cielo!thank heavens!
- 2 (elogiare)to praise (persona, lavoro)lodare qualcuno per qualcosa, per avere fattoto praise somebody for something, for doingfu lodata per il suo coraggioshe was commended for her bravery
also: lodarsi verbo pronominale
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com