Translation of madre in English:
- 1 (genitrice) è madre di tre bambinishe is the mother of three (children)diventare madreto become a mother, to give birth to a childda o per parte di madreon one's mother's side, on the distaffper me è come una madre sposata e madre di due bambinimarried with two childrenessere una madre snaturatato be a degenerate motherè (ri)tornato da sua madrehe went home to his motheri cuccioli e la loro madrethe puppies and their motherla Grecia, madre delle arti [figurato]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com