Translation of miseria in English:
- 1 (povertà) vivere nella miseriato live in poverty o squalorcadere in miseriato fall on hard times, to become destituteessere ridotto in miseriato be reduced to povertymorire in miseriato die a paupermiseria nera piangere miseriato bewail one's poverty, to poor-mouth (American English) [informal]
- 4 (somma ridicola)peanuts plural [informal]guadagnare una miseriato earn a mere pittanceli pagano una miseriathey are paid peanutscostare una miseriato cost a trifle, to cost next to nothing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com