Translation of mostra in English:
- 1 (azione di mostrare) far mostra dito show (prudenza, coraggio)to display (spirito, abilità)fare mostra della propria erudizioneto make a display of one's eruditionmettersi in mostrato show off, to put on a showmettere in mostra qualcosato put something on displayfar bella mostra di séto make the best of oneself
- 2 (esposizione) organizzare una mostrato hold o mount an exhibitionvisitare, inaugurare una mostra la mostra di o su Picasso
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Cultural Note: Mostra del cinema di Venezia
Also known as the Venice festival, this is the film section of the Biennale. It was started in the 1930s and takes place every year at the end of August at the Palazzo del Cinema on the Venice Lido. One of the largest film festivals in Europe (and indeed the world), it attracts films, actors, directors, and other technicians from around the world and the festival winners are awarded the Leone d'oro (Golden Lion).
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com