Translation of mostra in English:
- 1 (azione di mostrare) far mostra dito show (prudenza, coraggio)to display (spirito, abilità)fare mostra della propria erudizioneto make a display of one's eruditionmettersi in mostrato show off, to put on a showmettere in mostra qualcosato put something on displayfar bella mostra di séto make the best of oneself
- 2 (esposizione) organizzare una mostrato hold o mount an exhibitionvisitare, inaugurare una mostra la mostra di o su Picasso
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com