Translation of notare in English:
- 1 (osservare, accorgersi di)to notice, to note (cambiamento, differenza, somiglianza, progresso, errore)non abbiamo notato niente di stranowe didn't notice anything strangenon si nota la loro entrata è stata notata da moltitheir entrance attracted a lot of attentionfarsi notareto get oneself noticed, to attract attention to oneself(distinguersi) to distinguish oneself
- 2(rilevare) to notice, to note(osservare) to observe, to commentè interessante notare che …it is interesting to notice that …mi è stato fatto notare che … questo è da notarethis should be notednon ho nulla da rimproverargli, notate (bene), però non mi piaceI haven't got anything against him, but I don't like himva comunque fatto notareit has to be donefare notare che …to point out that …gli ha fatto notare che era in ritardoshe pointed out to him that he was lateti faccio notare che era una tua ideamay I remind you that it was you idea
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com