Translation of orrendo in English:
- 1 (che desta orrore)(omicidio, crimine, attentato, incidente, morte, scena)
horrendous, horrible, awful, ghastly, hideous, appalling(stile)
horrible, hideous(colore, viso)che morte -a!
hideous, nasty, horrible, ghastlywhat a horrible way to die!è orrendo!that's horrible o monstrous! it's appalling o awful! it's absolutely hideous!
- 2 (pessimo)(film, vestito, tempo)comportarsi in maniera -a
terrible, awful, horrible, appalling, abominableto behave terribly o appallingly o abominably
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com