Translation of patto in English:
- 1(accordo) pact, agreement(tra stati) conventionpatto difensivodefence pactpatto di pace patto sociale fare un patto con qualcunoto make a pact with somebodyvendere con patto di riscattoto sell with a right of redemptionscendere o venire a -i con qualcunoto come to an agreement with somebodystare ai -ito keep one's side of the bargain, to keep to an agreementviolare un pattoto break an agreementabbiamo fatto un patto: io faccio da mangiare, lui lava i piattiwe've made a deal: I do the cooking, he does the dishesa un pattoon one conditionantico patto (Bibbia)Old Covenantnuovo patto (Bibbia)New Covenantfare un patto con il diavolo [figurato]to make a pact with the devil
- 2also: a patto che …provided that …, with the provision that …ti darò del denaro solo a patto che tu me lo renda
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com