Translation of penale in English:
- (causa, accusa, tribunale, inchiesta, giustizia, responsabilità, procedura, azione, sanzione)
penal, criminal(colonia, legge)clausola penale diritto penale
penalcriminal o crown lawavere la fedina penale pulitato have a clean sheet, to have no criminal record, (police) recordavere la fedina penale sporcato have a criminal recordessere giudicato secondo il diritto penaleto be tried in a criminal court
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com