Translation of premio in English:
- 1 (riconoscimento) vincere, consegnare un premio ottenere il primo, secondo premioto win first, second prizepremio in denaro è il primo premio del concorso Chopinshe won the first prize in the Chopin competitionil premio per il miglior attore monte -ijack pot
- prize attrib.viaggio premioprize tripbollino premio
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Cultural Note: Premio Strega
Set up in 1947 and sponsored by a rich liqueur manufacturer (the producer of the liqueur “Strega”), this is the best-known Italian literary prize. Among its winners are Eduardo De Filippo, Pier Paolo Pasolini and Umberto Eco. It is awarded each year, on the first Thursday in July, after selected literature lovers cast their vote in the 16th century Ninfeo (an internal garden with a monumental fountain) in Villa Giulia, in Rome.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com