Translation of proibire in English:
- to forbid, to prohibit, to ban (film, commercio, pubblicità, opera)proibire qualcosa a qualcunoto forbid somebody somethingproibire a qualcuno di fareto forbid somebody to do, to bar somebody from doing, to prohibit somebody from doingle autorità hanno proibito la vendita di alcolicithe authorities prohibited o banned the sale of alcoholla sua religione gli proibiva di sposarsihis religion barred him from marryingil medico gli ha proibito l'alcolthe doctor told him he isn't allowed alcoholti proibisco di parlare male di leiI won't hear a word against her
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*