Translation of quasi in English:
- 1 (in frasi affermative) quasi la metàalmost halfsono quasi le ottoit's almost o nearly o (just) about eight o'clockla quasi totalità degli studentialmost all the studentsquesto costa quasi 10 euroit costs nearly o almost 10 eurosuna tela di quasi due metri per trea canvas measuring almost 2 m by 3 mè quasi ora di andareit's almost o nearly time to goè quasi un mese che aspettoI've been waiting close to a month o for nearly a monthquasi semprealmost o nearly alwaysera quasi certamente innocente siamo quasi prontiwe're almost o (just) about readyquasi sicuropretty sure o certainquasi ugualialmost o mostly the same, nearly identicalmi è quasi impossibile venire c'erano quasi tuttialmost o just about o mostly everybody was theretutti o quasieverybody or almost everybodyin quasi tutti i casiin most casessiamo quasi arrivatiwe're almost o nearly thereha quasi finitoshe's almost o nearly finishedla notizia lo ha quasi distrutto riuscire quasi a fareto come close o near to doing
- 2 (in frasi negative) non c'era quasi nessunohardly o scarcely anybody was therenon resta quasi nullathere's hardly o scarcely anything leftnon ne vale quasi la pena non ha mangiato niente o quasishe ate hardly anything o little or nothing o next to nothingnon succede quasi maiit hardly o scarcely ever happensnon nevica quasi piùit has almost stopped snowing
- 4 (per poco)stava quasi per annegare o quasi annegavashe was nearly drowningquasi cadevoI almost o nearly fellquasi speravo che …I was half hoping (that) …
- 5 (iterato per esprimere desiderio)quasi quasi vengo anch'ioI might just come as well, I have half a mind to come toouna birra? - quasi quasia beer? - why not?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com