Translation of ragazzo in English:
- 1 (giovane uomo) un ragazzo di sedici annia sixteen-year(-old) boy, a boy of sixteen o aged sixteenè un bravo ragazzohe's a good boy o guyun ragazzo di buona famigliaa boy from a good familyessere un bel ragazzo o un ragazzo carinoto be a handsome fellow o guymio caro ragazzo!my dear boy!è ancora un ragazzo!he's still a boy!il suo aspetto da ragazzoher boyish looksda ragazzo era molto timidowhen (he was) a boy he was very shyfin da ragazzo, io…ever since I was a boy, I…è un gioco o giochetto da -ithat's child's play, it's kid's stuff [informale]hey, -i! forza -i! i -i di oggi (gioventù)today's young people o youth
- 3 (garzone) il ragazzo del barthe barmanragazzo dell'ascensorelift attendant (British English) , lift-operator (British English) , liftboy (British English) , elevator attendant (American English) , elevator operator (American English)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com